Frequently, people are treated differently because of their outward appearance. Oriented towards the individual needs of the victims, BEFORE would like to combat all forms of discrimination.
It is one of the fundamental principles of BEFORE to point out structural discrimination, its reasons and results and to dedicate ourselves to a policy of equal rights and equal treatment.
Areas in which discrimination takes place:
- Labour and housing market
- Goods and services market
- Working environment
- Administrative bodies/public authorities
- Educational contexts
- Police identity checks or ticket inspections on public transport (Racial Profiling)
- Leisure (e.g. admission to clubs)